Commer Vans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone still have one of these running ?

I used to think they looked funny as a kid because you could only see half the wheels :LOL: I also thought they'd turn over if you cornered too fast :cool:

street%20scene.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's funny, 30 years ago they were everywhere. I used to repair and service these Commer PB vans, they must have been cheap as the GPO had thousands.

I used to love them! Very distinctive look.

Last time I remember seeing one was in a film they showed us at school about people who kidnap children. In fact, that one was yellow too!

Yes but a bit dodgy when pressing on, the front wheel track was much narrower than the rear, also bl**dy awful brakes.

Sponsored Links
Of course, if the PO was privatised, they might not be so cost cutting on the ladders...

AdamW said:
a film they showed us at school about people who kidnap children.

:LOL: Is that the one where the car/van flashed red ? "Would you like to see some puppies ?". Then, back at the perv's house, the child is in a darkened room and a shadowy figure comes in...

...scarred the $hit out of me when I was 7. Probably can't show films like that anymore because it's against the Euro Convention on Human Rights :rolleyes:

The other film was the "Don't climb Pylons" film where the kids climbs up to fetch his frisbie and gets fried :D

keyplayer said:
Of course, if the PO was privatised, they might not be so cost cutting on the ladders...

He borrowed that off a nearby customer... :D :D

Back