Commercial dishwasher on a 32amp ring main

ooks as though it was designed as a 3phase, then modified to a single phase, giving a much higher current demand in the process. Are such commercial dishwashers usual?
I'm no expert, but I think it's common for all sorts of commercial equipment (and, come to that, a lot of domestic appliances in some parts of the world) to be configurable for single or 3-phase (and maybe 'split-phase' in some countries), and the current required will obviously be much higher when a single-phase supply is used. The clue to the truth is the rated power.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yep, it isn't a higher current demand as such, just in a 3 phase environment the load is spread across the three phases and the neutral current is usually around zero (if there are single phase bits in there there'll be a bit of neutral current, likewise if the 3 element currents are imbalanced there'll be a bit more.)

Yep, it isn't a higher current demand as such, just in a 3 phase environment the load is spread across the three phases and the neutral current is usually around zero
Sure, but what I was talking/thinking about was the total current in the (one or three) line conductors - which is essentially what matters to the OP.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for the insightful comments. I will at least be able to better brief the electrician and hopefully save some time in getting the machine properly installed.

Best Regards
Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back