Communal Duty

Thank you for the young comment old'un but I'm a big masculine scouser.
The female version is spelt Connie, as in Connie Francis who was probably a slip of a girl when you were approaching middle age. :evil: :LOL:
I'm most frightfully sorry old boy, I don't know what I was thinking :oops:

As for the magicbean chappie's attempt of stereotyping "scousers", some of the nicest ex-con's I know come from your neck of the woods :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Strange but true fact Lukeycool.......
Rasputin hated cats. Drove him to the brink of madness. FACT. :LOL:

Thank you for the young comment old'un but I'm a big masculine scouser.
The female version is spelt Connie, as in Connie Francis who was probably a slip of a girl when you were approaching middle age. :evil: :LOL:
I'm most frightfully sorry old boy, I don't know what I was thinking :oops:

As for the magicbean chappie's attempt of stereotyping "scousers", some of the nicest ex-con's I know come from your neck of the woods :LOL: :LOL:

'Nice' in the sense they can satisfy your needs such as items you once had but were taken without permission and you wouldlike replacements?
Or 'Nice' as in, "He's a nice chap. I'm so glad our daughter has met him."?

Sponsored Links
I am everything you ever dreamed of..............
in the dark whilst you are wearing very dark welding glasses and gauntlets! :LOL:

No snow where I live, must be the only place in the UK? A hard frost, but no snow.

I was not amazed, but astonished to see snow falling, and lots of snow on the ground, 4 miles away in town. None where I live, although the pond is frozen over, and the level of water is low, as per last years posts.
Don't know why this reminds me of Christopher Lee's portrail of Dracula (this character being based on a crazy impaler who didn't seem to like being questioned about things) being drowned under a sheet of ice in a 1960s Hammer Horror movie.

I'm trying to remember the name of a real person who was famously drowned after he was poisoned and I think stabbed. Something to do with Russia. Can anyone help??

Why would my post remind you of a cheap '70's movie, where the main character was killed by falling through ice, and reference to Rasputin, medic to the Russian royal family, that was poisoned, stabbed, shot, drowned, beheaded, burned? When I simply state no snow here, but my pond is frozen over? Have you been eating too much cheese? Or did they let you out for the day to use crayons for the first time? That is one seriously sick post, that suggests you have issues. Have you considered seeing someone professionally? No offense. I think you need help to think that, never mind post it!

I was reading up on this the other day because this stuff about not clearing snow has been circulating for years.A lawyer on one site says that he has been unable to find a single case where somebody has been successfully prosecuted by a pedestrian after clearing snow....not one.
There is a law that each and every one of us is liable for our own safety and duty of care when walking on snow and ice.

The only time I came across the possibility of you getting sued is if you swill the area with water which then freezes...in other words you've made the area worse than it was before you cleared it.

We are advised to follow the 'snow code' set out on Gov. websites and advised that if the code is followed no-one need fear being sued.

I know a pub-landlord that was taken to court after one of his customers slipped in the pub car park after he'd cleared the snow from it. I am not sure if the court case was succesful - but he at least had to go through the inconvenience of going to court to defend himself. That said, I was told recently that legislation had been brought in to stop claims for slipping on footpaths that had been cleared - that could be the law you mentioned?

Personally i find it easier to walk on snow than on paths that have been cleared and then been subject to frost - if you're gonna clear the snow its worth getting some grit/salt to throw down afterwards!!

Sponsored Links
Back