comp to tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Never posted in comps forum before but here goes

I was just wondering of you can get a lead to plug a a comp into normal tv ...........the comp i have in mind is a laptop if that makes a difference
A lead that plugs into comp then other end has a scart socket :confused:

Hope this is not a real dumb question

Marty

Sponsored Links
wont work.

pc has vga outpput tv doesnt have vga input.

but I think you can get something to convert it, bit poinless hough, why not get a docking station or just an lcd pc monitor

Thanks for your reply

am moving to France soon and had a slight accident with my old laptop just wanted to try see if the brain was still ok even though the screens is kaput ............. :eek:

And yes wanted to play games on a bigger screen .............lol :LOL:
Well just have to wait till i get to France then

Thanks again

Marty

well if its for games, why not buy a dedicated games console?

its desigend for the job, wont hang can be paused and plugs ito a tv?

i dont like games on a pc, not really what they were meant for

Sponsored Links
your run of the mill VGA to Composite convertors are not that good to be honest, you are downgrading the source and you end up with fuzzy unreadable text etc
Unless you have the money to buy one of the professional pieces of kit but you are talking thousands.

look up XGA in wikipaedia for comparison charts of different standards and what sizescreens they are capable of supporting.

buy a nice LCD HDTV most laptops will plug straight in luverly big picture for all those gaming moments :)

Most laptops come with an S-Video out port as standard. You buy pick up an S-Video to composite lead for a few pounds which will go into the Yellow Video ports on your TV. Plug it all in and start up the laptop. Give it enough time to be in the operating system, meanwhile look at your keyboard. Somewhere you will have a "Fn" or "Function" key. Elsewhere (normally on the F1/F2/F3...) keys you will see little diagrams of (for example) a computer screen, a sun, speakers -- basically functions that control the laptops hardware WHEN combined with the funcation key I mentioned above.

Start it all up, hold down your function key along with the one that looks like a screen/monitor. This will tell the laptop to output the single out of the S-Video. You may need to do this a few times while it changes the signal. Give it about 10-15 secs after each time you press it to allow the TV to adjust.

You could also just plug a monitor into the VGA as mentioned above and follow the same instructions -- but it doesn't sound like you have one.

Worth bearing in mind that standard tellys will only support a resolution of 640 x 480 and looks crap. Flat panel TV with vga input as already recommended will be much better.

Sponsored Links
Back