Complete roof replacement and velux winows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I right in my research that if you want to replace most or all of your roof you need building regs. Roof in question 1930's with no felt.

Secondly, what happens to the existing velux window that needs replacing. They have been in for 20 years. Windows unfixed and un-obscured and at a height of 1.2 meters from the floor.
Would these windows on a side elevation now have to be fixed and obscured to pass building regs.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Am I right in my research that if you want to replace most or all of your roof you need building regs. Roof in question 1930's with no felt.
Yes.

Secondly, what happens to the existing velux window that needs replacing. They have been in for 20 years. Windows unfixed and un-obscured and at a height of 1.2 meters from the floor.
Would these windows on a side elevation now have to be fixed and obscured to pass building regs.
Thanks
This is a planning issue not a building regs issue. The velux can be replaced like for like with no planning issue.

Take photos of the old ones, just incase some busybody uses it as their moment to make a complaint - it'll be handy to have something to back up a claim that the old ones were like the new

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back