complicated boilermate2 system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just drained my boilermate2 with glowworm ultimate boiler system down to change a rad valve, had to backfill system as got airlock in on restart and couldnt draw it out by opening vent above pump...also put new pump in.... now my boilermate atom bomb thing(!) in airing cupboard is making a noise as if it is constantly boiling water or filling up with water??? any body out there advise please??

Sponsored Links
This is not everyone's favourite piece of equipment!

I have no idea what you have done ( or not done ). If I was there I could probably sort it for you but I am not !

You may end up having to call their own engineer out if the problem bothers you!

Tony

Please could you enlighten us with a description of the fault you were attempting to fix?

i didnt have a problem i was attempting to fix it was simply a case of draining system to cut 2 new rad valves in for a towel rad, when i turned the water back on to refill i got an air block which burnt out a pump which is now replaced, the air vent on the heat exchange pump wouldnt draw it out so we backfilled it which cleared the block.... however when i run a hot tap/shower now it starts up the boiler as it should and i can here like a running water noise in the boilermate2 cylinder as if the water level in ther is not as high as it used to be??? does this explain a bit more???

Sponsored Links
Is the F&E cistern sitting atop the cylinder or is it in the loft?

And either way, have you checked that it's filling properly, and that the level of water in it is comfortably above the outlet?

its in the loft and the cold feed from f&e tank is bottom outlet so yes the water is over it . i have tried blowing into this via hose to see if anything happens but i cant even blow which suggests that it is full does it? i have a guy coming to look at it thursday afternnoon so ill keep ya posted. these units seem very unpopular with plumbers! the pump for the rads doesnt seem to be pumping throughout the system so no doubt that needs changing too, also are these able to be changed to a megaflo system and would i be gaining anything by doing so ie reliability???? thanks for trying to help ........does anyone think it would be of help to totally drain sytem again , change the rad pump, and fill back up and start again ? and if so what is the best form of attack??

im going to electrical section now to see if i can help someone out, it will make me feel useful spreading what i know rather than pulling my hair out with this for a bit.... :cry:

You're not making much sense. At the beginning you wrote that you've changed the pump, but at the end you say that you think the pump needs changing.

What's going on?

yes there are 2 pumps in total on this system, 1 for heat exhange from boiler and one to pump rads...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back