completely clueless ( hot water and heating system )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

As I moved to my new flat , I didn`t have a chance to get a instruction of the stuff , so I need to figure out how to use things properly. I have these in the flat :

a. BoilerMate2 hot water tank
b. Bosch Worcester GreenRi boiler ( wall-hung )
c. Radiators with thermostat valves

So as for my questions :

1. Regarding heating, do I need to turn the hot water tank on for radiators or should it be the boiler ? ( as i tested , now the radiators are working when the boilermate water tank is on and i never tried to use Bosch boiler )

2. I can`t make sure about my heating system , central or not central , how can I make sure about that ? Also I don`t know why there is also the wall-hung boiler if the radiators are already working with the BoilerMate2 ?

3. I guess this one depends on the 2nd question but shall I leave the BoilerMate2 hot water tank on always ?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The Boilermate is a thermal store - the boiler heats up the water contained within it, and that heat is then used to heat the hot water, the radiators or both. Therefore it must be left switched on at all times, otherwise you will have no hot water or heating.

Boilermates are unreliable, expensive pieces of junk which attempt to solve problems that do not exist. The only certain thing about them is that they will fail often and be expensive and time consuming to repair.

If you are renting this flat, it's already time to start looking for another one.
If you have purchased it, you should immediately be obtaining quotes to remove the Boilermate and replace it with a normal hot water cylinder.

Ok thanks for your reply , so does it have an immersion electical heating system to heat the water or somehow does it use the wallhung boiler to heat the water ?

So I am trying to figure out if I am using gas or electrical heating to heat the water . Since Gledhill BoilerMate2 page mentions that (http://www.gledhill-boilermate.com/boilermate-ii/) it uses boilers to heat the water...

BM2 weren't that bad but they have had their time.

Putting an Ri on one was just a cruel sense of humour :LOL:

OP

The boiler heats the BM. This then distributes the heat to the rads or transfers to tap water as needed.

Sponsored Links
By the way, there is a program console at the front part of the BoilerMate2 , if there is no electrical heater, I am just tryingto figure out what does that programmer do ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back