composite door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a composite front door and side panel fitted on Wednesday. The frame is anthracite grey which I paid an extra £100 for. The threshold has several scratches and is white where the paint has come off. The company want to fill them in with a 'pen'. Does anyone know if this is the usual way to deal with it. I am concerned that more will peel off and I'll end up with a real crap threshold. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes its a special touch up pen the trade use to hide small nicks and scratches, I'd be more concerned what it'll look like in the future, white profile sprayed grey is all well and good but thresholds always get stood on, the grey paint won't last long I'm afraid and they're not going to keep coming back to touch up your threshold every time it's marked, maybe a low aluminium threshold would of been better, having said that you might be able to get an Ali slip on cover over your existing to protect it

Many thanks for that Crank - I presumed the threshold would be aluminium sort. They didn't say anything when we said to have the grey frame. Hopefully they will come next week and touch it up.

Sponsored Links
A brass or stainless threshold can look very smart, they are available in a few profiles

these people list them as "door steps"

https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/search?SearchText=door+step

Wood or plastic won't stand up to much wear.

They're more suited to a timber cill but your idea is correct, the ones I had in mind are made for pvc, come in anodised silver or gold

2540-2541-both-front-image_2.jpg

$_1.jpg

https://upvcspares4repairs.co.uk/up...threshold-protect-850mm-long-silver-gold.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back