poor composite door design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just trying to work out where I stand. I have recently had a composite door fitted replacing the old wooden one. They have fitted a low profile threshold (part m compliant?) but the door shape does not match this.

They say that this is how it is with low profile thresholds. (We didnt ask for a low profile threshold) .

I am thinking I could pull the company up on the fact that rain potential could come through the gap, isulation is poor or can I just pull them up on the fact it looks plain daft. I am checking the paperwork to see if it states what type threshold, even if it does state this surely there should not be a 2 cm gap (door measured & manufactured wrong?)

Is there any legal or standards issues I could pull them up on. They are a reputable company have all the BSi , PAS23/24 Part M Part L Secured by Design etc but they obviously would like the cheaper option of telling us that that is how the door has to be.

have tried a (very)basic diagram or the front door before and afterwards
old set up
new set up (gap approx 20mm in height going back 40/50mm)

mant thanks in advance
CK

Sponsored Links
Either the threshold is wrong for the door, or the door has been cut for a different type of threshold.

Its wrong. Get it altered - it is not "as it is with low profile thresholds"

If they fob you off, ask them if they would be prepared to pay the cost of you getting an independent expert to report on the installation. This normally does the trick

If you have not paid them yet, then don't until you are happy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back