Composite Sandstone brickwork repairs, Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a building which i believe has a "composite" type sandstone, in a rose pink colour. Some of these bricks ( approx 18"x10") have become what appears to be blown. Whats the best method of repairing them, i have been told to render them back to a good finish and sort the pointing using a sand and cement mix, then they should be painted with a coloured (pink/rose)polymer and then cast with a light sand to regain the "pink/rose" coloured sandstone effect.

Can anyone advise me details of this method as in ...what mix for the rendering and the brand name of the polymer required and the method of use. IS this the best method or has anyone any other ideas ??? Please help !!!!

Samui

Sponsored Links
Hi, i have a building which i believe has a "composite" type sandstone, in a rose pink colour. Some of these bricks ( approx 18"x10") have become what appears to be blown. Whats the best method of repairing them, i have been told to render them back to a good finish and sort the pointing using a sand and cement mix, then they should be painted with a coloured (pink/rose)polymer and then cast with a light sand to regain the "pink/rose" coloured sandstone effect.

Can anyone advise me details of this method as in ...what mix for the rendering and the brand name of the polymer required and the method of use. IS this the best method or has anyone any other ideas ??? Please help !!!!

Samui

There is an acrylic impregnant that is presently under development for the very purpose of penetrating porous substrates where it binds with the partials such as sand in the sandstone. There is no trace left on the surface after a few days. The impregnant provides weather resistant, improved wear resistant, seals against spalding - flacking off whilst allowing the passage of water vapor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back