Compression fittings and PTFE tape

what do you guys think.

I think there are a lot of idiots around and he's just one of many.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

I fairly sure that there are videos on the manufacturers' websites, Yorkshire for example. Follow that and ignore anything different.

Sponsored Links
what do you guys think.

I think there are a lot of idiots around and he's just one of many.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

I fairly sure that there are videos on the manufacturers' websites, Yorkshire for example. Follow that and ignore anything different.

Well said that man

bit of ptfe around the olive or jointing compound is always good :D

Sponsored Links
i perfer to use PTFE on the olive and make the joint tigher.

handtight and 1/4 turn is the best way to get a watertight seal but just doesnt feel tight enough for me.

in the early days when i didnt use PTFE a joint that wasnt leaking when fitted was 'seeping' when i came back to it over a year later.

Just a smear of JetBlue is all you need on the fittings seating.

Plastic manufacturers state that the olive should be wrapped on PTFE when using compression on plastic piping.

DO NOT use poor quality fitting, like the cheapos on Toolstation or Screwfix. They are just plain bad. Use Conex or Kuetite with a smear of JetBlue or quality sealing paste, not the cheap crap around..

Use Conex (available from S./fix now) with a smear of JetBlue. Once again...NO PTFE Only untrained cowboys use PTFE. No college or training centre will tell you to use PTFE on compression fittings. Do that in a practical and you lose points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back