Stopping pesky leaks on new compression fittings?

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for taking the time to find those videos, I'll grab some tools over the weekend and will learn soldering, it looks easier than compression, and I don't really like push fits o_O

Buy Yorkshire fittings, a gas torch either one that connects to a camping bottle or has its own, some flux, some wire wool and basically keep the fire off the joint, but on the pipe so that it only cooks off when the fitting is hot enough. I personally add an extra dollop of solder when its melted out.

wire wool the jointing ends and inside of the fitting.
spread flux on the contact points.

push fits are for lazy plumbers who don't care about their customers.

Sponsored Links
With quality fittings and pipe, no joining compound is needed. But as most fittings and pipe are not quality it is needed. Do not use PTFE tape. Just a smear of say jet blue on the seating is all that is needed.

Buy Conex fittings. They are cheap enough these days and even available from Screwfix or Toolstation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back