Compression fittings under the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw in some recent threads that there shouldn't be compression fittings on a gas pipe under the floor.

The 22mm pipe under my floor to the existing boiler has compression fittings and I want to have a second boiler added for the extension.

Will the RGI need to change the existing pipe as access could be very awkward unless he or she is quite thin and not too tall?

Sponsored Links
Will the RGI need to change the existing pipe
Yes, it's At Risk, which means a big red notice sayng you can't use the gas, and it should be turned off at the meter.

Even if it's not leaking? The meter was changed recently and the fellow did a leak test before he started and again after he had finished and commented that the pipe work had no drop at all.

as far as i know it is technically allowed IF you have access.
you can argue about the details of accessible, but it is never a good idea and reeks of poor quality work

Sponsored Links
There is quite good height under the floors but the wriggle through from one room to the next is a bit challenging. Perhaps time to get down there with the 6kg breaker and lower the wriggle throughs to enhance the access

It reeks of a non CORGI job by a DIYer to me!

Probably done by a vet or something!

Tony

Under the floor is one of the places they define as not accessible. You could have a removable panel I suppose.

Not done by me, Tony but done prior to me buying the house in 1995. I was under all of the floors doing the wet plumbing though which is why I know about it and thought nothing of it untill educated by reading the forum here.

Under the floor is one of the places they define as not accessible. You could have a removable panel I suppose.

depends on each house though, i had a transco guy saying it wasnt allowed even though i was standing underneath the fitting. :rolleyes:

ChrisR can you give a page number where it says this is AR ?.

ChrisR can you give a page number where it says this is AR ?.
Yes I could. Source is BS6891 + Corgi TB.

depends on each house though, i had a transco guy saying it wasnt allowed even though i was standing underneath the fitting.
Transco have some rules of their own, but thay can't apply them to anyone else's bit of pipe. Their guys aren't always hot on "our" regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back