Compression Fittings

• Thread starter rinkydinkydoodaa
  • Start date
R

rinkydinkydoodaa

Hi Everyone
Before I fit my new bath I have had to reroute the hot & cold pipes. I have used a couple of compression fittings with end caps as bath is not ready to fit yet. I was wondering if there is some sort of test I can do or anything additional to make sure the joins are sound as I will be tiling over floor.
Thanks

Bill

Sponsored Links
If it were a gas pipe, they say cannot use compression under floors etc.

Not a bad idea with water as well, even if you test now the joint can easily be disturbed during the work.

Thanks for reply. There was no room for soldering so had to use compression.

:?: a compression joint is bigger than a solder joint.

a piece of "fibreglass sheet" (stuff made for the purpose) will protect anything from excesive heat

Sponsored Links
HI

use copper olives (not brass or other types) under voids and use ptfe around olives to ensure a good seal.

some sort of test I can do
See if water comes out??

No way I'd put compression fittings under a tiled floor. If you really have to, measure where they are and leave it on a piece of paper behind the bath panel, so you can make a hole in the ceiling below to find them if necessary.

solder the fittings, but with a good dose of cool gel and wet paper around the area. dont wanna pull that floor up in a couple of months do we.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back