Compression joint on a old solder run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for the "newb" question but I'm fitting a flexible tap tail to a 22mm hot water feed and have noticed that there are three or four solder runs from an old joint exactly where my compression olive needs to go.

Will I get away with cleaning this up, maybe applying a bit of heat to get the big blobs of solder off, or should I bite the bullet and solder a new clean length of pipe in first?

I'm not completely new to soldering but would prefer to avoid it if possible.

Sponsored Links
Either heat and wipe off or file down ;) By chance were you @ school in Lewes in the 60`s ? your name kind of rings a bell from the dim and distant

Either heat and wipe off or file down ;) By chance were you @ school in Lewes in the 60`s ? your name kind of rings a bell from the dim and distant

Cheers, Nige!

Must have been another Palfreyman in Lewes. There are a few of us around the country!

Either heat and wipe off

yeah, if your prepared to solder, i.e. have the equipment, then heat and wipe with a thick cloth with some flux on it .... just be quick to avoid burning your hand :p

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back