Compromise...

Agree on that, she liberalised the finance sector creating the monster we have now and she started the wholesale privatisation.

Now having said that the UK economy needed to move on from its low manufacturing productivity however the prescription and pace of change and not dealing with the fallout was wholly on her, we still haven't got an economic strategy for the North. Then on top of the regions that bore the brunt of her policies they were then faced with Austerity caused by the banks and the financial sector - it is and continues to be an unfair set of circumstances handed to these people.

Yep, basically it, very poor to no succession planning, of course the UK heavy industry was uncompetitive, that can't be changed due to economies of scale, but there should have been an organised wind down, with a wind up of alternatives, rather than just a London centric financial powerhouse. That damned generations and continues to this day.

Sponsored Links
Agree on that, she liberalised the finance sector creating the monster we have now and she started the wholesale privatisation.

Now having said that the UK economy needed to move on from its low manufacturing productivity however the prescription and pace of change and not dealing with the fallout was wholly on her, we still haven't got an economic strategy for the North. Then on top of the regions that bore the brunt of her policies they were then faced with Austerity caused by the banks and the financial sector - it is and continues to be an unfair set of circumstances handed to these people.

That said it's always amusing when commentators quote the UK workers aren't productive, this has undertones of being lazy. This isn't the case, productivity is more closely defined (the actual definition depends on what it's measured on) as the amount of money a worker contributes to the states economy per hour (very rough description) but as a dumb as a brick example.

Worker A produces 1000 widgets an hour making a profit of 1p is less productive than Worker B producing 1 widget an hour for £20 profit.

That said it's always amusing when commentators quote the UK workers aren't productive, this has undertones of being lazy. This isn't the case, productivity is more closely defined (the actual definition depends on what it's measured on) as the amount of money a worker contributes to the states economy per hour (very rough description) but as a dumb as a brick example.

Worker A produces 1000 widgets an hour making a profit of 1p is less productive than Worker B producing 1 widget an hour for £20 profit.

From what I posted in another thread,

Long and short is that though we are a developed nation and capitalist economy we have a quirk in that we don't have high labour productivity and are more labour intensive and part of that is due to the flexible labour market which makes the decision of capital vs labour decision on investment skewed slightly towards labour. Also as we are more a serviced sector based economy which tends to have lower capital utilisation we are in a situation of low unemployment, lower productivity and benefit top ups.

Try get a business loan from a Bank vs how much easier it is to get a loan for buying property or land. We really have a poor record when it comes to business investment and that isn't due to the businesses lack of desire to invest.

Sponsored Links
From what I posted in another thread,

Long and short is that though we are a developed nation and capitalist economy we have a quirk in that we don't have high labour productivity and are more labour intensive and part of that is due to the flexible labour market which makes the decision of capital vs labour decision on investment skewed slightly towards labour. Also as we are more a serviced sector based economy which tends to have lower capital utilisation we are in a situation of low unemployment, lower productivity and benefit top ups.

Try get a business loan from a Bank vs how much easier it is to get a loan for buying property or land. We really have a poor record when it comes to business investment and that isn't due to the businesses lack of desire to invest.

I can support that I've always maintained if you don't grow it, dig it or build it, it's a false economy.

Well in the last GE, I asked the electoral commission to disenfranchise me but it's not allowed apparently. seemingly you can't positively register your disgust with the system. So what to do ?

I am sure there are many people who are not registered to vote many out of disgust of the whole sham, but once you are registered is it illegal to de-register yourself?

Well in the last GE, I asked the electoral commission to disenfranchise me but it's not allowed apparently. seemingly you can't positively register your disgust with the system. So what to do ?

Start a petition on the gov. website, then link to it on every soshul meeja platform you have access to?

More satisfyingly though, have you tried drawing a c0ck and b0ll0x on the ballot paper? Works for me(y):ROFLMAO:

Start a petition on the gov. website, then link to it on every soshul meeja platform you have access to?

More satisfyingly though, have you tried drawing a c0ck and b0ll0x on the ballot paper? Works for me(y):ROFLMAO:

Did you see my effort that got deleted earlier? :LOL::LOL:(y)

I am sure there are many people who are not registered to vote many out of disgust of the whole sham, but once you are registered is it illegal to de-register yourself?
Yes...

In theory the only way to de-register is to register at a new address.
(death is of course an option)

However should anyone question it directly, the correct reply is 'I have no information to give'...

Works with not filling in the census form as well, apparently :)

Of course it can cause credit problems.
Something a capitalism state is quite happy to encourage!

Illegal, not sure, possible... hmm maybe, what one can't do if actively say I don't want to vote for any of the above, I've always found that daft.

Yes...

In theory the only way to de-register is to register at a new address.
(death is of course an option)

However should anyone question it directly, the correct reply is 'I have no information to give'...

Works with not filling in the census form as well, apparently :)

Of course it can cause credit problems.
Something a capitalism state is quite happy to encourage!

But if you register at a new address doesn't the council send its goons to register you or check in on you?

Sponsored Links
Back