Computer freezing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello my computer with windows xp service pack 3 keeps on locking up upon turning it on. I have to hard reboot it about 3 or 4 times before it will run then it maybe ok for 10minutes or if im luck about an hour.

Any ideas how to fix please ??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the spybot programme , i do not wish to appear thick ! but if i click on this link will it automatically delete bugs etc without compromising my computer or does it ask me to spend money on eradicating viruses that the programme has found ? Thanks again for a prompt response i am not great with computers !!

It's completely free, it will show you what is wrong then ask you if you want them removed.

Andy

Sponsored Links
OK Andy , Thanks for that i'm on a works computer at the moment so will try it when i get home.

My bull guard antivirus has said this site is malicious and is preventing me from downloading this

It does that, it is completely safe. We use it all the time. Just ignore it and carry on.

thats because it will find a hell of a lot more problems then your normal stand alone anti virus software.

suggest once downloaded run it every few weeks.

Try Malwarebytes also. System restore is also an option and restore to a time before it started acting up.

Press the power button and then, depending on your computer, press F2 repeatedly(for some computers it might be F7, F8, or F12), before any windows logo appears. This should bring you to the boot menu. Select safe mode, and when windows asks you to click yes for safe mode or no for system restore, click no. When system restore opens, select a date that you are sure is before the problems started, and restore to that date. Good luck. Report back.

Sponsored Links
Back