Computer/monitor output to TV 10 meters away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I do it? Computer in another room distance between them is 10 meters, up and down walls and across loft. Seen video senders but they are scart both ends need something that will feed monitor and split to TV.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Dont like to admit this, BUT, A few days ago on QVC they had a product that was about £180 that could send from pc to tv, sorry cant tell you anymore than that.

but if the tv is 10m (in another room?) what is the point of having the pc display showing on the tv when the pc is 10m away.

sorry i do not follow the reasoning why you would want to do this

There is always one! I want to do it and I'm asking how to!

As my mum says, if you ain't got anything worthwhile to say don't say anything.

Sponsored Links
How do I do it? Computer in another room distance between them is 10 meters, up and down walls and across loft. Seen video senders but they are scart both ends need something that will feed monitor and split to TV.

Thanks in advance.

What inputs do you have avaliable on the TV?

On the side that I don't really want to use because the connection will be seen

HDMI 1
composite (AV) 1
S-Video 1
Headphone 1

On the back

HDMI 2
PC input (D-sub) 1
Component(Y/Pb/Pr) 1
RF Input 1
Video Monitor out, L/R 1
Optical sound out 1
RS232C (for Service only) 1
Scart 2

Mr bright will say DUH you have a PC input, yes I do but how do I split it to go to monitor also, and 10 meters is a long way.

10m is not such a long way away for VGA, we've got away with running VGA over unscreened CAT5 up to 25m at work, although im not recommending this.

As far as splitting is concerned you will need a graphics card with two outputs, and windows will be able to display on both screens.

Most newer graphics cards have DVI and VGA outputs, you can get a DVI - VGA converter so you have two VGA's then make a CAT5 leads with 2 D-SUB ends

The way they do it at work is with KVM switches, usually the keyboard and monitor/mouse are a good 30 to 40ft away from the PC main unit

10m is not such a long way away for VGA, we've got away with running VGA over unscreened CAT5 up to 25m at work, although im not recommending this.

As far as splitting is concerned you will need a graphics card with two outputs, and windows will be able to display on both screens.

Most newer graphics cards have DVI and VGA outputs, you can get a DVI - VGA converter so you have two VGA's then make a CAT5 leads with 2 D-SUB ends

Thanks for that the 10m bit is what I wanted to hear. Just ordered new PC looked a spec online and it has an ATI Radeon X1700SE, says it has
1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
1 x display / video - S-video output
1 x display / video - DVI-Analog/Digital - 29 pin combined DVI

The way they do it at work is with KVM switches, usually the keyboard and monitor/mouse are a good 30 to 40ft away from the PC main unit

Not worried about keyboard or mouse. Looking for minimalist in living room so no DVD player, HDD recorder etc just TV on wall.
So PC will be DVD player and BBC iplayer and CH4 on demand for must see programs. Also computer will have TV card for recording if need be.

Thanks for that the 10m bit is what I wanted to hear. Just ordered new PC looked a spec online and it has an ATI Radeon X1700SE, says it has
1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
1 x display / video - S-video output
1 x display / video - DVI-Analog/Digital - 29 pin combined DVI

Not worried about keyboard or mouse. Looking for minimalist in living room so no DVD player, HDD recorder etc just TV on wall.
So PC will be DVD player and BBC iplayer and CH4 on demand for must see programs. Also computer will have TV card for recording if need be.

So you'll be ok with Video, but what are you going to do about audio?

:eek:

Yeah I know don't confuse me. I still working out the 10m of CAT5 with VGA connectors. I'm not sure if the output on the PC will feed the TV and external speaker system and will 10m of audio cable loose quality?

TV has DVI IN audio L and R phonos to be used with DVI connected to HDMI 2 and PC has 2 DVI output one for monitor and hopefully one for TV and a digital audio output.

How do I spilt SPDIF digital audio out to feed the L and R audio in on the TV?
Seen the DVI to HDMI cables but still need the sound. Also seen the DVI SPDIF to HDMI boxes but there are not cheap!!

Or do I give up trying to connect it to HDMI and just go for the VGA port.

Sponsored Links
Back