Wireless internet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move my computer to another part of the room. The only problem is that there's only one phone socket in the room and by moving the computer I'd be moving away from this socket (10 ft). What should I do? The phone line from my modem to the socket isn't long enough to reach. Can I buy an extra long phone line (The ones with a small plastic plug on each end) or is there a wireless option. Everything I've seen seems to suggest that the wireless option would require me to link the wireless modem to a computer and then it would send the signal to other computers, which I don't need. I just want to move my computer and some how send the internet to it via a wireless option. Any advice please.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
The cheapest option would be to buy a telephone extension lead. The independant wireless option would involve buying a wireless modem/router and, if your PC doesn't already have wireless capability, a wireless card or USB device.

This has been discussed in depth on the forum already, so you may want to do a search.

Sponsored Links
Back