Concealed Cistern constantly filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2D4019DE-B4A8-470C-B751-09600FA33358.jpeg
Hi there

So, the cistern pictured is being a bit of a pain. It seems to be constantly filling but really really slowly... as if the water is at high pressure but isn’t able to get through where it should very well... other than a spray at the top of the fill system on the right of the cistern... due to the tight fitting of the cistern it would look like a bit of a pain to get in and swap bits round... from the picture can anyone tell me if the parts in this cistern are replacable or am I best replacing the whole thing.. if that’s the case... where would you advise getting one from? Thanks as always..!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply!!! Access to the bottom inlet is quite good, it just looks quite tight getting bits in and out of the cistern... but it’d be much easier I think than trying to get the whole cistern out and replaced. I’ll have a look and see if I can match up the inlet with one on the link you’ve given. Thankyou.

If it’s constantly filling,I’d be looking towards the flush valve seating as it’s possibly losing water, causing it to refill. Failing that then it could be the filling valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Undertrained - it does look like its losing water as I’ve now found damp patches on the floor, but weirdly the bottom of the cistern doesn’t feel wet.. it’s very strange. I am airing on the side though if it’s been in a few years, it’s rather black and manky and maybe replacing the whole cistern may be beneficial now...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back