Concealed or normal cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm getting a back to wall WC in a new installation. I've got plenty of space behind the partition so I don't need a slimline cistern. Do i need to get a concealed cistern or would a normal one do? Is there a difference? I'd like one where parts are replaceable. Thanks

Sponsored Links
A concealed cistern is normally supplied with an extended button push either cable or pneumatic or an extended handle whereas a normal cistern would have the button on top of the lid.

You could use a normal cistern with a bit of messing around but the concealed ones are quite good these days.

Thanks, I got a concealed one anyway. I was hoping to use a good old fashioned cistern lever, but as it's being fitted this weekend I took what they had in stock at the plumbers merchant. A button flush it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back