Concealed cistern frame...or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I purchase a concealed cistern to go with a floor standing pan do I need to purchase one of these 'concealed cistern frames' as seen here or can I just bolt the cistern to the wall, stick the false wall in front of it and conect the pipes to the pan?

Advice from someone with experience appreciated before I make my purchase.

This is the cistern I'm intending to purchase.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
no not if your having a back to wall pan that secures to the floor.

they are only for wall hung pans.

ARC01WH_xl.jpg

just do as you say fit cistern to wall and panel then fit pan.

but make sure you have access to the back of pan to be able to fit the flush pipe and soil connection.
useally before you fit the next panel to the wc or panel above wc.

The conceala 2 cistern I purchased has arrived but there are no flush buttons included, just the length of tubing to connect it to.

I'll phone the manufacturer tomorrow to check if this is an oversight but if it isn't can anyone recommend a retailer with a good selection of pneumatic dual flush buttons. Preferably something small and circular.

I've been looking at this but have no idea if all buttons are equally compatible.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
no not if your having a back to wall pan that secures to the floor.

they are only for wall hung pans.

ARC01WH_xl.jpg

just do as you say fit cistern to wall and panel then fit pan.

but make sure you have access to the back of pan to be able to fit the flush pipe and soil connection.
useally before you fit the next panel to the wc or panel above wc.

I would be scared sitting on one of those!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back