Concealed cistern problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with this one? New concealed cistern fitted into the cabinet as supplied but now I can't fit the inlet connector on without taking the pipework outside of the cabinet. The cistern has to be central for the flush pipe to go into the pan. I've bought the smallest tap connector I can find but still no good even if I were to cut the inlet pipe back.

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

Sponsored Links
You could cut a new hole at the front of the cistern but make sure it is the same level as the original hole and not below the overflow level.

You may have to use a right angled brass compression tap coupling which may still require a bit cut off the end of the plastic thread.

Does the connector not unscrew from the top of the siphon? What I am wondering is whether you can unscrew the connector from the cistern body. Cut back the threading and fit the tap connector then refit the whole thing to the cistern.

Does that make sense?

Sponsored Links
There should be two nuts to fit on the fill-valve tail. At the moment you have the fill-valve body tight up against the side of the cistern, if you slacken it off, fit the first backnut inside the cistern with more of the tail inside, then fit the second backnut outside the cistern. You should then have enough space to fit an angled connector
http://www.screwfix.com/p/end-feed-bent-tap-connector-15mm-x/63335

Thanks everyone for your help. I took leakydave's advice in the end and drilled a hole in the front of the cistern giving more room for the connection. Once again the help from this forum has been brilliant.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back