concealed lever flush cistern / condensation issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got really bad condensation on a concealed cistern in an internal toilet (not great ventilation). Water dripping off it, thought it was a leak! it;s been going on a while.

Its ruining the wall on the other side, that's going to be re-plastered after the damp source is stopped.

I've seen you can get insulated duel flush cisterns, but i'm looking for a lever flush to try and swap like for like - any ideas?

I've seen the DIY insulate your cistern. Its in a business, there's not really time to fiddle around and try things out . I have considered replacing the toilet and have the cistern exposed, take away the boxing, but then read concealed is meant to prevent the condensation! But thought at least having everything exposed and tiled walls would keep the moisture away from the wall / plaster?

I've read about mixing of hot / cold water too, or supply from a small tank where the water has a chance to warm up.

thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back