Concealed shower 2 dodgy cartridges?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend whos had a bathroom fitted by someone. The shower is concealed and never got hot from the start. The plumber returned and swapped the cartridge and the shower worked fine for 3 days. Then it stopped getting hot again. Is it likely 2 dodgy cartridges is the fault? The shower is from victorian plumbing. I wonderd of if could be a pressure issue. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Quite possibly either. What provides the hot water , is it from a hot water cylinder fed from a loft tank ?

Combi runs on mains water pressure ,so that shouldn't be an issue. But you may be wrong on type of boiler ??

Sponsored Links
If hot water from a cylinder you mean could be unequal pressures?

I was possibly thinking the mains pressure could be too high effecting the cartidge.

Yes ,that's possible . Thermostatic mixers need balanced pressures.
Gravity fed showers would need cold from the tank in loft. And hot from the cylinder.
If it is a combi boiler both would be under mains pressure.

I've had it before on a combi system we're the shower wodnt get hot unless had the stop take turned right down. Or fit a flow restricter or pressure reducing valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back