Concealed shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I wonder if you can help??

My electric shower has just packed up so, instead of replacing it I've bought a concealed thermostatic valve that I'm going to mount UN-CONCEALED, for the time being. The bathroom is due for a major overhaul cos it looks like something that Stig of the dump would be proud of!!!! So, this is as good a reason as any to now do the overhaul. However, it won't happen for the month or so, so I'm just going to pipe it all "on" the wall instead of "in" the wall for now.
The shower has arrived and I'm doing it tomorrow but, having had a look at the valve, the hot and cold inlets are 22mm. I assumed they would be 15mm and have bought 15mm pipe!!!! Why is this???
All the hot and cold pipes in the house are 15mm??
So, the question is :- Do I have to use a reducer at the point that I take the feed from and feed the valve with 22mm or do I use it at the valve and feed it with 15mm??
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks o_O

Why is this even a THING?!!!:ROFLMAO:

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/concealed-shower.478838/#ixzz4axdRLD80

Sponsored Links
Concealed valve don't really tell us much , make /model perhaps ?

Keep the existing 15mm up to the shower, and then change to 22mm. If you ran it in 22mm, the water would take a lot longer to get to the shower.

run in 15mm then use 2x 15mm to 3/4" female compression couplers

comp-female-15-34-2.jpg

it's a LP mixer, it's inlets are larger so it can be used with a low pressure gravity system as well as mains, larger inlets with 22mm pipe improves flow when gravity fed.

Sponsored Links
I don't really understand why the make or model is important, from what I understand, this is a common problem!
Thanks for the input chaps, I'll follow your advice and use the reducers at the point of entry.
Is it the same at the point of exit??? I'm guessing so because the fittings to the head and the handheald are 15mm,

Cheers

I would not worry about it because where ever you reduce it, you are going to reduce the flow and presure rate one way or the other
Just do the cheapest option you can with as little fittings as you can
Mabrad thing loks quite a simple idea, Id go for that myself

I don't really understand why the make or model is important, from what I understand, this is a common problem!
Thanks for the input chaps, I'll follow your advice and use the reducers at the point of entry.
Is it the same at the point of exit??? I'm guessing so because the fittings to the head and the handheald are 15mm,

Cheers
never mind mate you obviously know better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back