Concealed Toilet Cistern Access?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new bathroom and want a toilet that has a hidden cistern. It thought to get a wall hung unit, with the cistern hidden in the stud-wall.

However, I'm wondering how everything can be accessed for repairs/maintenance? Eventually the time will come where a component fails and I obviously don't want to have to break open the wall to access it.

As I understand, the rectangular flush panel can normally be removed, but is this considered sufficient?

Example toilet/flush:
LslKNxo.jpg

Sponsored Links
Generally it's possible to do maintenance by using the flush plate as access, provided you've got reasonably small hands!

Ok, thanks :)

Is there any part that is common to fail, that wouldn't be accessible via the flush plate?

The moving parts are the fill valve and the flush mechanism.

Choose a cistern from a mainstream manufacturer and hang on to the paperwork for future spares identification.

Sponsored Links
The geberit is accessed from the front panel. Though the water connection is not accessible. So needs to be leak free before concealing.
Keep spare tiles for future possible break ins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back