Fitting a concealed cistern back-to-front!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

So this is going to make me sound mad but anyway!...

I want to fit a back-to-wall toilet with a concealed cistern but this is the first time I’ve ever considered it, fitted lots of close-coupled over the years.

The thing that makes me nervous is burying the cistern, inlet and half the flush pipe away behind a tiled wall.

Then I had an idea... behind the wall to which the toilet will back onto is a wardrobe. Maybe I could build a nice big access panel into the back of the wardrobe Narnia style in case I need to access things.

Then I looked at the cistern installation diagram for the following... https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLes0I_Q_N0CFbEg0wodZV4MVA

...and wondered if the cistern can be turned around (not vertically!) so that it hangs neatly off studs and gives me full face-on access within the wardrobe.

Presumably the flush pipe can rotate through 360d where it exits the bottom of the cistern and the flush vacuum pipe seems to be long enough to reach around.

Anyone done this or am I just being overly concerned about future leaks / maintenance?

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

So this is going to make me sound mad but anyway!...

I want to fit a back-to-wall toilet with a concealed cistern but this is the first time I’ve ever considered it, fitted lots of close-coupled over the years.

The thing that makes me nervous is burying the cistern, inlet and half the flush pipe away behind a tiled wall.

Then I had an idea... behind the wall to which the toilet will back onto is a wardrobe. Maybe I could build a nice big access panel into the back of the wardrobe Narnia style in case I need to access things.

Anyone done this or am I just being overly concerned about future leaks / maintenance?

Your not being overly concerned and a good idea if you have room the other side.
when viewing properties Ive seen too many btw toilets installed without any thought or consideration about future maintenance, same goes for fancy baths which would need removal to service taps

Ive fitted a couple of those screwfix own make cisterns and am quite impessed . They don't supply spare flush pipe if you mess one up...but Gerberitt one will fit.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back