Compatible flush valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Could someone recommend a replacement compatible flush valve please? I've unscrewed this one from the cistern, the one I tried replacing it with had a different connector to attach it to the the cistern fitting.

Looking at this one maybe? Flush valve

Thanks

20200215_111744.jpg
20200215_112315.jpg

Sponsored Links
Because to replace the whole thing would be a nightmare. It's a back to wall pan unit with an adjoining basin unit that share a top and very limited access. To replace the whole lot I'd have to remove basin, toilet & all connections.

Dropping in a new valve to existing connector would be far, far easier.

Sponsored Links
As you can see the whole basin top has to come off to replace anything. If I'm replacing the whole flush valve, including connection at the base of the cistern I also need to remove the pan, take off the front panel of toilet unit to get access to unscrew it.

The pan is an absolute b*stard to fit as the flush pipe is so hard to insert into the pan in such a confined space. In face that's something I'm having trouble with now, I can't get a flush pipe to fit properly in the back of the pan.

20200203_153613.jpg

The top panel where the push button is will pull off, the the bottom panel should pull up giving you the access you need.

So you can remove the top panel and we can take it from there, (if you want to)

Andy

Top panel with flush button comes off yes, but bottom panel directly behind pan doesn't pull up & off. It's fixed in place by 6 of these plus 4 dowels...

20200215_124132.jpg

You can't pull it off without first disconnecting & removing pan. Bad design, as with so much stuff Victorian Plumbing seem to sell.

Believe me, just dropping in a new flush valve is by far the easiest way of doing it, hence the need to identify a compatible one for a like for like swap.

Ok fair point, try and get a replacement flush valve.

I have recently replaced a flush valve in a unit as yours, I used a multi tool to cut out the fixings, it was a pain to do but it was completed within the hour. (including fitting a new flush valve and refitting the rear panel with a new silicone joint where it meets the toilet)

Andy

I've remove all 6 of the bottom panel fixings and the bottom 2 dowels. The bottom panel now slides on & off and the unit still seems nice and sturdy. Might fit a couple of screws into bottom with chrome covers (for neatness). Makes access much easier if I need it.

Getting the flush pipe in was so much hassle, I never want to remove the pan. Fitting the flush cone on the pipe was ok, but then inserting it into the pan was impossible, the cone wouldn't go in and would just slide back on the pipe. Putting the cone in the pan first didn't work as the pipe was then too tight a fit to get in. Managed it with brute force in the end.

Have you bought from VictoriaPlumbing before? I've had so much trouble with their stuff.

Is it working now?

Andy

I still need to find a compatible flush valve.

Professionals avoid VP like the plague.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I'll be avoiding them too. They're only good point has been customer service. Although they take a few days to sort it, they've sent out replacements for the faulty/damaged items I've had from them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back