Concealed Wall hung toilets - practicality.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I would like to know what wall hung toilets are like from an installation and maintenance perspective. One thing that comes to mind is that if the system develops a fault, will the tile work etc need to be broken ?

I did ask the bathroom designer and he was saying something that the controls can be removed and once this is done, access can be obtained to do repairs etc. I was not convinced so I wanted to ask here.

Sponsored Links
No damage to tiles should occur once face plate is removed, access is behind the face plate. Not my favourite job mind.

No damage to tiles should occur once face plate is removed, access is behind the face plate. Not my favourite job mind.
Thanks for the response, do you mean that once the small faceplate is removed one can have access to the whole thing, what if a leak needs to be fixed. will that small opening be enough ?

Thanks for the response, do you mean that once the small faceplate is removed one can have access to the whole thing, what if a leak needs to be fixed. will that small opening be enough ?
That depends where the leak is, sometimes the pan needs removing but that isnt what you asked first time.

Sponsored Links
1. In theory, and generally in practice, removing the front panel holding the controls is sufficient to:
1a. Change the inlet valve or at least the diaphragm washer.
1b. Change the flush valve, provided it is with the same make and model or one which fits the same base.
2. Otherwise as just pumps.
3. I couldn't help smiling at the idea of a concealed toilet - how frustrating!

1a
1b.
3. I couldn't help smiling at the idea of a concealed toilet - how frustrating!
It will come bud, press a button and a door will open and a pan will slide out, press the button again and it all slides back. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back