Wall hung toilet on brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi group,

I am looking to install a wall hung toilet onto a brick wall.

All the information I see seems to related to a concealed frame behind
the wall hung toilet so this wouldn't work in my case.

I have a small room behind the bathroom that I can use for the cistern.
Access from underneath for both rooms isn't a problem either as I have a cellar.

Will this work advice please.

Sponsored Links
the amount of brickwork you would bang out for the soil and flush pipe would not leave much meat for the bolts.

I think you may struggle

Can you not pit in a partition wall? Or do you want to keep the brick for effect?

I'm sure you could do something clever like bolt through the wall to a frame the other side for strength or remove a section of wall (with concrete lintel installed above) and then fit the frame into the new gap thus making it flush to the wall but installed using a frame still?

Sponsored Links
Can you not pit in a partition wall? Or do you want to keep the brick for effect?

No partition wall isn't an option due to a window location.

I support I can just run long bolts through the wall to a steel bar across the back side of the wall.

why cant you build some studwork in front to hold the frame and cistern? it doesn't need to be very deep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back