Concealing pipe work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I understand it pipes for central heating cannot be channel in to external wall and cannot be places in the cavity between the breezeblock and outer bricklayer.
But can they be run in the cavity between the inner plasterboard on the wall and the breezeblock.

As we have concrete floors and I do not what pipes running up the walls.

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
A builder mate of mine always conceals the pipework in the walls even on new builds so it must be OK with the building inspector - he usually uses 10mm plastic to the rads that require no joints to be buried as the pipes can be cabled in one length.
I think some plumbers don't like to do this as it means they may have to buy a hammer and chisel. :D

The cavity you refer to will not have much depth, but I expect it would take 10mm pipe providing there are no joints,with 15mm pipe you could have difficuty.
In new build the pipe work is fitted before the plasterboard and you know the board has a dozen blobs of adhesive somewhere behind it, so be prepared, tapping it could help you avoid these solid areas

Sponsored Links
I was planing on chaneling the plaster board for ease of fitting.
Wat would be the best type of barier to place between the pipes and the new plaster.

Thanks
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back