Advice needed on plastering bricked up doorway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, new to this forum so amy advice much appreciated!
Im about to start a lot of work on my house so will be posting here frequently I think!
First job is the kitchen door to outside is being bricked up (new kitchen put in) and I need to plaster the doorway over and the wall its in. House is 1908 non-cavity walls but no damp in kitchen so far. Outside will be old reclaimed brick with breezeblock on the inside. DPC is in place. My question is;
Am I ok to dot and dab straight onto the breezeblock?
Do I ned to PVA the breezeblock?
Should I use foil backed plasterboard or is regular board fine given there isnt a damp problem, althouh it is a kitchen?
I wont be skimming it just joint compound and painting (its a tiny section of wall).
Are there any building regs regarding plasterboard in kitchens eg fireboard, etc? This is next to the boiler.
I am a competent DIYer and worked as a chippy but never actually plastered straight onto newly bricked external walls. Any advice really appreciated guys,
thanks
Liam

Sponsored Links
I'd bring it out flush with plaster or render if it was me, then skim the whole wall,,, you'd never know it had been patched having it done that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back