Plastering breezeblock opening and tanking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I’ve got a room (roughly 1.6m x 1.8m) that I want to turn into a shower room but no window so even the areas outside the shower will get quite wet (we are fitting a good centrigugal extractor)

The walls are a mish mash - one wall is stud wall with bare moisture board, one wall is already plastered and painted and one wall is plastered but has a bare breeze blocked up doorway.

I was thinking to level everything and skim it to make it one even level but I am unsure how to do this in conjunction with the tanking and the doorway.

The doorway breeze block, a friend told me to blue grit and hard wall over the whole wall then multi finish, I’m not sure this is correct can I hardwall directly onto breezeblock? Where would I use scrim tape

Was also thinking about tanking, for piece of mind I’d like to tank the painted areas outside the shower with liquid tanking before painting. The problem is painting fiver the liquid tanking kits is awful so I wanted to know if it’s possible to paint the plasterboard with the liquid tanking and then skim it and then paint with appropriate bathroom paint to finish off

Sponsored Links
Bit out my area, but I'm a fan of this stuff.
elements board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back