plastering onto OLD breezeblock walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone, ive stripped wallpaper off an old house BEDROOM WALL, and the plaster is crumbling off very large section of the wall DOWN TO BARE BREEZE BLOCK. i know dot n dab would be easiest but as im a beginner plasterer and very keen to learn, i would like to use an undercoat plaster. my two choices are

1. hardwall

2. bonding

which one would be the best and whats the procedure for using them on breezeblock? ie. do i p.v.a the wall the night before and again before undercoat???

help appreciated :D :D

Sponsored Links
hi everyone, ive stripped wallpaper off an old house BEDROOM WALL, and the plaster is crumbling off very large section of the wall DOWN TO BARE BREEZE BLOCK. i know dot n dab would be easiest but as im a beginner plasterer and very keen to learn, i would like to use an undercoat plaster. my two choices are

1. hardwall

2. bonding

which one would be the best and whats the procedure for using them on breezeblock? ie. do i p.v.a the wall the night before and again before undercoat???

no treatment is necessary the day before. On the day your going to plaster use a very watered down mix of pva say 5-1 literally saturate the wall if its breeze blocks because there will be a lot of suction there, myself personally i would use hardwall on larger areas especially being breeze block and use bonding on patch jobs i must point out that these undercoats are made to go straight on the walls using no pva just water but the old spread i used to work with always put a dash in if they were old brick or block not for suction but to kill any fungus or mould that may be lurking about as pva has a built in fungicide in it.

Sponsored Links

1. hardwall

2. bonding

no treatment is necessary the day before. On the day your going to plaster use a very watered down mix of pva say 5-1 literally saturate the wall if its breeze blocks because there will be a lot of suction there, myself personally i would use hardwall on larger areas especially being breeze block and use bonding on patch jobs i must point out that these undercoats are made to go straight on the walls using no pva just water but the old spread i used to work with always put a dash in if they were old brick or block not for suction but to kill any fungus or mould that may be lurking about as pva has a built in fungicide in it.

cheers guys much appreciated :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back