is it ok to dot n dab???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ive got a wall to repair thats in the dining room external wall, ive took the plaster off which is now down to the breezeblock. am i ok to dot n dab the wall with it being a breezeblock downsairs exteral wall???? or could it be a risk with any future damp problems??? so render correctly at least 1metre high. advice much appreciated guys :D

Sponsored Links
if the wall is dry and there is a dpc in place then DnD is fine, although if anything is suspect then a cement render with waterproofer in and maybe a chemical DPC should be considered if your current walls DPC has failed or not present.

if the wall is dry and there is a dpc in place then DnD is fine, although if anything is suspect then a cement render with waterproofer in and maybe a chemical DPC should be considered if your current walls DPC has failed or not present.

Ditto!!, although i'm not a fan of dot and dab in any way. Batten and board for me,, each to their own. ;)

If the wall has no existing problems, such as damp.
If Dot 'n' Dab is a method you prefer, it is okay to use it.

Sponsored Links
I find it very convenient to use especially with slightly out of true walls. Less work that battening, and it still has its uses.

dont get me wrong, i have used it and also the foam method but i do like a mechanical fixing tbh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back