concrete base

I

imamartian

i need to put down a 3m x 2m concrete base for a concrete building to stand on.

I imagine it's best to put in shuttering, and get readymix?

If so, how deep would it need to be? 6 inch? and do i need to reinforce it?

I also noticed in another thread about keeping it wet while it goes off, would that be necessary if it wasn't too hot?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

only said that as the people on here are biased and do not like me....

how sad for an internet forum..

not even allowed to post....

jesus... the mods must be so sad..... or have no life....

or home....

Sponsored Links
6 inch deep would be plenty, some might say 4 inch but no problem being deeper.

Yes shuttering will be required and a membrane for the concrete to be laid on, reinforcing would be a good idea too.

So, 3m x 2m x 0.15m gives you 0.9 cubic metre of concrete, say 1 cube to allow for dips etc in the surface you lay on. Is there a local readymix firm who deliver small loads or indeed mix onsite to what you want?

Not sure about this idea of keeping it wet while going off, tamp it and float as required, give it 3 or 4 days before removing shuttering and working on the base and all should be fine :D

6 inch deep would be plenty, some might say 4 inch but no problem being deeper.

Yes shuttering will be required and a membrane for the concrete to be laid on, reinforcing would be a good idea too.

So, 3m x 2m x 0.15m gives you 0.9 cubic metre of concrete, say 1 cube to allow for dips etc in the surface you lay on. Is there a local readymix firm who deliver small loads or indeed mix onsite to what you want?

Not sure about this idea of keeping it wet while going off, tamp it and float as required, give it 3 or 4 days before removing shuttering and working on the base and all should be fine :D

many thanks Aqua

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back