concrete base

Sponsored Links
ps- before you ask- I DO have letters after my name .

I was not going to ask. I can get all I need to know from the letters posted here rather than any after your name.

I don't normally like to brag, but as you've asked ..... I have a Spirit Level in bricklaying

Sponsored Links
We've just finished concreting two bases covering 1600sq/m each.
About 200 c/m in each, finished with Whiteman power trowels to a pan finish. Completed in four days.

Both with polythene placed underneath to prevent rising damp.
The other advantage of polythene on floors this size is ... "slip membrane" and helps prevent cracking.
One of the floors did crack in one area quite badly before we got the diamond saw to it. Ambient temperatures above 15c doesn't help.

The cracking would have been more severe without the membrane.
The membrane below also slows the curing process and gives vital time to the concrete laying gang.

Ideally you want the concrete pour finished before the "finishers" mount the power trowels or else you have a few guys sweating profusely. :mrgreen:
The concrete supplier is the key to that. The "window" for the pour was five hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back