Concrete & Bay Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m currently levelling my front garden to start from scratch. Currently in front our bay windows we have a strip of concrete which is about 6 inches deep and about 2ft wide following the contour of the bay. Does anyone know what this concrete slab is for? Is it just to keep the garden separate from the house or is there some greater purpose that should stop me from smashing it up?

I intend to put grass much closer to the bay and then put a smaller strip of small stones around the edge of the bay to create some separation and stop the rain splashing onto the brickwork. I’m taking a sledge hammer to it in about a weeks time so if this serves some greater purpose it’d be good to know now!

Sponsored Links
What type of construction is the bay window? Could it be the footings for the window?
Any drains located nearby?
Any supply pipes or cables possibly running around the bay window?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back