Concrete costs in East Midlands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently paid £160 per cubic metre or concrete readymix delivered to Nottingham. In retrospect this seems over the odds but I only used them because the same company was supplying my skips.
Can anyone recommend someone in Nottingham or the East Midlands that supplies readymix at more competitive rates please. I can have a ring round but if anyone does have a tip then I'd appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
that's well over price ive just paid £79 per cubic meter ready mixed in Essex and £300 for it to be pumped ring round and you can get some good deals the average price hear is £83 per cubic meter

that's well over price ive just paid £79 per cubic meter ready mixed in Essex and £300 for it to be pumped ring round and you can get some good deals the average price hear is £83 per cubic meter

I know, somewhere between £80-100 seems the norm but will they come to me from Essex? I'll ring round if I need to but I don't really have time and want it for Saturday morning, hence the post on here.

£160 p/m³ is way over the odds.

Admittedly i pay £90 p/m³ but this is for 'Miximate' convenience (mixed on site) and he also supplies his own pump which is very cheap and offsets the concrete costs.

Sponsored Links
Had a phone round (4 different companies) and got it for £120 per cube inclusive of vat. Still a big saving on what I've just paid but don't know where all the £80-£100 companies are.

Had a phone round (4 different companies) and got it for £120 per cube inclusive of vat. Still a big saving on what I've just paid but don't know where all the £80-£100 companies are.

Is there a danger that concrete for 80 a cubic metre is dodgy by any chance?

I mean can they dilute the mix or not deliver c30 for example?

Is there a danger that concrete for 80 a cubic metre is dodgy by any chance?

I mean can they dilute the mix or not deliver c30 for example?

Of course there is but the same danger exists if you pay £160 per cubic metre. Your average member of the public is unlikely to do a slump test or cube testing.

In Bristol it largely depends on how much you buy, like noseall I sometimes use a mix on site option which I pay about 110 ish for for smaller volumes, but when I hit about 3 cubic metres or more i'm expecting to be paying about 75. I guess it helps if you buy a reasonable amount to keep in with your supplier.

In Bristol it largely depends on how much you buy, like noseall I sometimes use a mix on site option which I pay about 110 ish for for smaller volumes, but when I hit about 3 cubic metres or more i'm expecting to be paying about 75. I guess it helps if you buy a reasonable amount to keep in with your supplier.

I think you've nailed it, those sort of rates are only available when buying in volume.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back