Concrete drive cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete drive (rough stoney texture not smooth) which has several cracks widthways.
I recall a few years seeing some type of filler sand/ cement which you poured into the cracks then added water which activated it - anyone remember anything about this or is there another easy solution?
I've seen the tubes of sealant but want something long lasting

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not a lot to be said. If the concrete is "stoney" it just means that its old and the cracks are due to settlement. Nothing out of a tube will fix what ever the problem you have with it. How wide are the cracks? The wider the better, because the only way to go is to first clean all the dirt , soil and weeds out of the cracks, with a power washer or hose, then fill them with a sharp sand and cement mortar.
Frank

As prince says - plus you could get a small angle grinder and diamond disc then cut out the cracks like a dovetail - undercut from each side. That'll hold the mortar better as old concrete tends to form a roll on the open edges;) That's what mine has done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back