Concrete flat roof- ashfelt covering- wornout needs cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have brought a flat roof house made of concrete in Workington (Lakes) and the roof shows some small water egress inside. The roof is based on concrete and covered with ashfelt which is covered. Over the last 20 years it has started to deteriorate.
Q How do I work out if it is shot, How do I establish the best way of replacing it? (This is the lakes- it rains all the while!) How long would it take a roofer to do? Any recomendations as this is beyond me.
Jon

Sponsored Links
the first question is,how much water ingress,but saying that,if it leaks,it's shot.are there any ripples in the asphalt,are there any cracks,does it have any upstands,if so,have they peeled away from the walls. how big is the roof in square metre's,is it square,what i mean by that is,does it have four sides or is it odd shaped.all this information will determine how long it will take to do the job.

Hi I'm going up next week so will have a good look and then I can give you all some more info. The water egress inside is quite small- small ripple back bedroom -almost like a tide mark about 8 inches long and very faint which is why I think I may be catching it in time. As to overall size it must be about 1050 sq ft.
Thanks anyway
Jon

Sponsored Links
egress=going out........ingress=coming in :LOL: Tidemark from The Great Flood of April 1. 1969

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back