Guttering on flat concrete roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some ideas and advise welcome.

I have a brick shed in the garden with a flat concrete roof. The roof has no pitch and no lips on the top or bottom edges. It has about a 3 inch overhang on all sides. When it rains the water drips off all sides.

The problem is that a lot of the water runs underneath the overhang and down the walls. This does not seem to be doing the brickwork any good and also runs inside and outside the door, eventually rotting the door and frame.

I plan to put guttering around the roof, but how do I get all the water into the gutter and not just down the walls. Do I hang some felt around the edges, make a lip hanging off the bottom of the overhang with wood or a bit of cement? The roof otherwise is very water proof and I would be reluctant to go to the expence of covering it. Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would use an angle grinder with the correct disc for cutting concrete then cut a slot/groove about 25mm from the edge and approximately 10mm deep. Have a look under any wooden window cill and you will see that act as a drip bar

Sounds logical. Hope that works. Will let you know next time it rains. Shouldn't be too long. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back