Concrete Floor & Chasing for central heating vs. thermas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just after some advice really. Hubby and I have just bought a 1950s built house (1930s round bay style but smaller than a 1930s build). The floors downstairs are concrete, this naturally means that the CH that is installed the pipework runs down and across walls and is very unsightly.

My dad and FIL are both very competant DIY's and are helping us with everything.

I was just wondering the best course of action for the pipes?

Do we channel the floor/walls and sink the pipes? (this is what we had planned to do as we are doing this for all the electrical sockets/phone/aerials anyway.)

Or do we use something like thermaskirt? This looks quite good to me - does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks Lou

Sponsored Links
Please define 'FIL'
The definitions I found in urban dictionary don't seem to be applicable.

Generally it is considered better to avoid running pipes through concrete floors whenever possible.

Hiya sorry - FIL = father in law.
between us we are going to do the channeling for electrics we are just trying to work out the best course of action for the pipework for 2 radiators that currently runs along the walls

i was reading about sinking the pipes and making sures it the correct pipe and properly insulated

THEN ive read its possible to hide them behind skirting (walls need plastering anyway and skirting will be replaced)

THEN I saw thermaskirt

we need to try and crack on so hoping for opinions :)

Sponsored Links
Thats theeasy way ( unless you need to cross a door! ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back