Concrete Floor falling into cavity next to front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to lay a laminate floor next weekend and was going round checking that the subfloor was sound etc... I knew that by the front door the concrete was cracked and had a little movement in it....

Across the whole door width I was easily able to remove chunks of concrete and discovered underneath the top couple of inches were cracked concrete roofing tiles were wedged between the innner blockwork and the outer brickwork of the cavity wall. removing these is about a foot of empty cavity down to the soil... (House was built in the 80's)

I can see the DPM an inch of so below the door in the outer brickwork and the inner block work that was underneath the cracked concrete.

What is the best way to repair this? If I put new tiles in place and replace the concrete I'm guessing they would crack again??

Would concrete set and dry in time for me to lay a floor next week?

Would something like expanding foam do the job? (would it stop the DPM working??)

All suggestions gratefully recived

Joe

Sponsored Links
What is the best way to repair this? If I put new tiles in place and replace the concrete I'm guessing they would crack again??

Would concrete set and dry in time for me to lay a floor next week?

Would something like expanding foam do the job? (would it stop the DPM working??) Not Really :cry:

All suggestions gratefully recived

Joe
That`s sand/ cement screed, not concrete ;) Use some slates :idea: and then a rapid set cement / sharp sand mix. - Unless a proper builder says different , here ;)

Could I use a self leveling screed.. what's the maximum depth I can do in a single go?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back