Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time for me to get some advice... :LOL:

Got brick shed in the garden (sorry yard) and i'm trying to make it into a garage for the motorbike, I've already taken down a dividing wall and put a new doorway wide enough to get the bike in, but the floor is everywhere, and was just wondering how to do the flooring to get it
level(ish). Do I put sand down first to get it level then concrete mix over that or use sheeting over the sand then concrete........ :confused:

Any advice will be must appreciated.....

Regards

Ian

Sponsored Links
Always best to put membrane down but you don't have to,you can put down a liquid bitumen sealer or DPM sealer & up to dpc level on the walls if any,then concrete straight over it but having said that you could end up get wet/damp coming up the side of your brickwork and into the new concrete flooring depending how well you put down this sealer.If you do use DPM membrane as you say with sand then you need to come up as least minimum 75mm concrete as it got nothing to key into the bottom,just a strong mix holding it together.Make sure the membrane go up the side to dpc level.All the sand does, it stop any sharp edge damaging the DPM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back