concrete laying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently just completing the base for my conservatory. It is 3.2 m wide by 4m projection. I have dug the hole out, concreted the footings - layed the brickwork, filled the middle with hardcore and screeded with sand - just the membrane and concrete for the floor left. What Iwould like is some advice on the floor - when I get the concrete dropped - readymix - I barrow it round the back. Once I have it dropped in the hole I have a datum (the brickwork as the conservatory is full galss so the concrete floor level is only 25mm from the top of brick). How is the best way to level off and tamp down - and also do I need to float it off- if so how??? prob a silly question but pleas humour me!!!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've come up too high to allow for the concrete & floor screed.
From what I understand you have only 25mm left for concrete ??? from the sand + membrane to the top of the brick dpc level,if so I would forget the concrete for now and put in your conservatory sill bedded on the dpc brick level which will give you another approx 50mm + 25mm total 75mm deep,then I would use a strong dry mix floor screed (sharp sand + cement) which would give you approx 75mm thickness to the top edge of the sill.You might have to do this after you have completed your conservatory to prevent the sill going out of square.
Also make sure the membrane goes under the dpc.

sorry looks like I as a little vague - I meant the finished level would be 25mm from the top of the brickwork. my level at the moment from hardcore/sand to the top of the brickwork/house dpc level - is 105mm - leaving me 80mm for the concrete and then 25mm for my depron/carbon heating and laminate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back