Concrete foundation for water deposit

MB1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am installing a 10,000 litre (10,000 kgs) fiberglass below ground water deposit. Obviously I have to construct a reinforced foundation to support it, but I don't know what concrete mixture ratio to use. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the ground is ok, why reinforce it?

If you need/want to reinforce it, then use RC30 readymix. Or site mix 1:1.5:3 cement/sand/aggregate. Poker it, to get rid of voids.

as Shy has said, 10 tonnes aint no hill o' beans when spread out.

that said, it would be wise to prevent the 'risk' of settlement by adding a concrete base. the last thing you want is all the water at one end.

use readymix or 6:1 (6 parts ballast or sand 'n' gravel mixed to 1 cement) will do.

Ah, I didn't suggest not putting a slab at all, just wondered why OP going for rebar/mesh.

Your mix proportions are a bit light for concrete with rebar/mesh btw; ok for plain.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Actually the supplier of the deposit has gave me very specific instructions on how to install it. These include a 200mm reinforced foundation and after a complete encacement in concrete! The deposit is cylindrical and is installed lying lengthways on its side. It all sounds a bit of an overkill to me!

Thanks for the advice,

Marc.

Job done, many thanks for the advice.
Rgds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back