Concrete gravel board supports?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody any idea if there are supports available to elevate / support concrete gravel boards in a slotted concrete post?

This might be a dumb question but feel I cant prop these up with odd bits of brick or batten as they always sink!

Any help and advice would be appreciated

Stu :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to support a concrete gravel board? If need be dig out the ground below to lower it and fit another one on top to get your correct level.

Andy

Why would you want to support a concrete gravel board? If need be dig out the ground below to lower it and fit another one on top to get your correct level.

Andy

Hi Andy, To get the board level I normally level the ground but nearly always sinks over time?(not to mention the time this takes)
Just thought there could be a sure way of supporting the level with post clamps or something.
With the amount of reply's to this I guess there is no such thing?!?!

Stu

Support the gravelboard on bricks as you normally do, but back fill the post with concrete to fill the slot in the post. Leave for a couple of days to set and remove bricks (if necessary). The infilled slot will prevent the board from slipping.

Sponsored Links
Support the gravelboard on bricks as you normally do, but back fill the post with concrete to fill the slot in the post. Leave for a couple of days to set and remove bricks (if necessary). The infilled slot will prevent the board from slipping.

Thanks, but this only works on a straight fence? If you have to step panels then one side is higher than the other making it hard/messy to do this.

I have tried as you suggested with the brick,I cant believe there really is nothing that guarantees they don't move?

It isn't difficult. You can concrete the bicks in position close to the post and adjust the height to suit on either side of the post. Just keep the graval board of these areas until the concrete has set. Set the board higher than its finished level, mark a line on side of the post at lower level of the gravalboard, use a spirit level and edge of a plank and transfer the marked line to the next post, set your bricks to this height using concrete to secure, let set overnight, remove the bricks or whatever you used to keep the graval board clear and hopefully your board will be pretty level, you can always pack side to slightly adjust if need be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back