Concrete mixing tables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, could anyone point me in the direction of these? I need to mix up some C50/RC50. I think it's 400kg opc/tonne, but not sure about sand/aggregate ratios.

And it would be useful too if there are any calculators or tables so I can work back from volume of castings required to weight of dry materials (for purchasing), and from weight of individual dry materials back to their volume (for mixing)!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Tables are too high. Mix on the floor or use a mixer

I doubt that you are doing some civil engineering bridge work, so just do what everyone else does and use buckets or shovels to measure. 1:4 for your C50 mix

Thanks, but I was talking about the numbers type tables....I can't seem to find any to help.

With your 1:4 example, isn't that going to produce something more like C20? And also need the sand/aggregate ratios.

I'm building a cantilever retaining wall, and the spec calls for C50 so need to get it right.

You wont get c50 unless you have it batch mixed by a proper company

Has your engineer just specified this to cover his own back?

1 cement, 4 mixed gravel from a big bag of mixed gravel and vibrated will give the strength you need

If this needs to be exact strength, with precise mix, and fair-faced and reinforced, then you need to go to a proper supplier and give them the full specification

Sponsored Links
It's what the engineer specced - probably OTT, not fair faced but is reinforced.

But even if it is over engineered, surely there's a very big difference between 200kg opc/tonne and 400kg opc/tonne?

Can't have it delivered (economically) as it has to be poured in stages as the blockwork goes up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back